[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Apr 29 15:07:35 EDT 2007

At 12:21 PM 4/29/2007, you wrote:

>Roger,
>
>Your going to hate hearing this but the Fedora core doesn't come
>with all the tools, games, software, etc that's available. :-)
>There's a lot more available. You will have a very useable system
>though. Once you get thing running we can go through the process
>patching your machine. When your done with that we can show you
>how to find out what applications are available from redhat and
>install what you want.
>
>For the record Redhat 7 was a bad and very buggy release and anyone
>using it should have either downgraded to 6 or moved on to 8 as quickly
>as possible. Redhat 9 was a good release but is ~4 years old. There have
>been a lot of improvements in the kernel and most other applications. Even
>Redhat has ended support for it.

I'm having ISP problems right trying to download anything.  IE and
Firefox both are lying and reporting "download complete" way before
they really are.  Downloads are not being aborted, but seen as
complete.  This started happening when Fedora 6 was 183mb into the
3.3gb download.  Now nothing will download completely that's of
considerable size.  Maybe tomorrow or tonight I'll get my priveledges
back, if that's the problem.

Here's the 32mb businesscard version of the CD ISO for Debian, which
I'm looking at using for now for the reason of possible downstream
limitations I might be under with my connection for today.  However,
even this 32mb file is closing down as complete before it really is.

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r0/i386/iso-cd/

I may have to go so far as ask for someone to send me a DVD copy of
the Fedora 6 installer and I'll compensate with $ or trade.

--
Roger Taylor