[Coco] Are you there?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Apr 19 21:35:01 EDT 2007

On Thursday 19 April 2007, Dave Kelly wrote:
>Rswoger at aol.com wrote:
>> Dave,
>>
>> Are you out there? We are getting no response from you. Tried to phone -
>> no answer.
>
>Yes I am here although just barely.
>I apologize for disappearing so abruptly. Just after I typed at Roger
>way back when, I went fishing. While out of state, I had heart trouble
>again. What with being in a strange hospital and then back home in the
>hospital and recovery, I am just now feeling strong enough to sit in
>front of the computer again.

Hey guy, don't go falling over on us like that!  Scares us that we might be
next...

>I through my phone away during the last election. One day I walked from
>the work shop to answer the phone 3 times and every time the computer
>generated call would ring 5 times and hang up, just as I got there.

That's what answer boxes with caller ID's are for, Dave.  If its important
enough, they WILL leave a message, and if there's no callerid, or just a
phone number from some 885 precinct, it doesn't get answered.  Even though
I'm on the NDNC list, the ^%$@* politicals are enough to drive one postal.

>I threw the phone in the trash and before I came to my senses and
>realized I had toss a $90 item in the garbage someone took it out and it
>was hauled off.
>
>Never have replaced it and you are the only one who has mentioned it.
>Guess you are the only important person to call.

Pretty good reasoning to me.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)