[Coco] yahoo groups

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Thu Apr 19 17:37:37 EDT 2007

Rumor has it that Gene Heskett may have mentioned these words:
>... if the X-Originating-IP: header can be believed.

Yes, but can it? Anything X* in the headers is optional, and it depends on
if *your* server is inserting that header, or if it's coming from the other
end of the SMTP conversation - if it's from the other end, it can (and
probably is) spoofed to try to look legit.

What do your Received: headers say? Also, what are you running for an MTA?

If you need more info, I'd be glad to help offlist; I've been a mail admin
for over a decade.

However, I would like to trumpet that Dennis' maltedmedia list is *much*
better than Yahoo's pitiful offerings.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | A new truth in advertising slogan
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers | for MicroSoft: "We're not the oxy...