[Coco] yahoo groups

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Apr 19 16:26:47 EDT 2007

This is off-topic, but it needs to be said.

Anyone who is dependent on yahoo groups needs to resign from the coco list
there and take your coco related email from maltedmedia.

I added about 5 of their server boxes to the list in procmail that goes
to /dev/null and cut my spam intake by at least 75%.

But that cost me that mailing list, along with a couple others.  So I nuked
them back out of my recipes, but its not going to last long at the present
level of spam being served from their servers if the X-Originating-IP: header
can be believed.

If anyone knows how to get yahoo's attention, and actually get their tech
support (now there is an oxymoron for you) to admit they are serving it up in
record numbers, because the traffic here, and the net surveys published all
confirm their supremacy, I'd like to hear about it.

If not, I will slowly extract their addresses out of the incoming trash and
add them back to my procmail recipes.  So if messages to me via the yahoo
groups list seem to be going into a black hole, now you will know how to
contact me again.  On Dennis's list which I'd like to thank him for.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)