[Coco] Important Message to --> MARK MCDOUGALL <---

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 19 00:31:04 EDT 2007

Roger Taylor wrote:

> Yes, actually I switched to the Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail software.
>  However, I can see my sent messages.  One flaw is that I don't think
> the e-mailer automatically sends or receives at intervals like Eudora
> does. I guess I need to switch back.

I've been using Thunderbird for years on both POP and IMAP accounts,
both here, at home, and on my laptop, and accessing multiple servers
simultaneously. I've got it set to read my home POP account here at
work, without marking anything as read, so my home email operates
independently of anything else. I can also masquerade as my home email
address whilst at work (as I'm doing now).

As Joel says, you can set it up to check regularly. Sending should be
immediate.

I too use filters to direct my myriad of mailing list posts to the
appropriate folders, and also sort "known" from "unknown" senders.

It does occasionally get confused, but for the most part, it's a pretty
nice setup once you have it configured correctly. I'd urge you to
persevere with Thunderbird a little longer...

Regards,
Mark