[Coco] Thunderbird email, was: Important Message to --> MARK MCDOUGALL <---

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Wed Apr 18 23:41:26 EDT 2007

Roger Taylor wrote:
> Mark McDougall wrote:
>>
>> ...did you do
>> anything differently this last time?
>>
> Yes, actually I switched to the Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail software.
> However, I can see my sent messages.  One flaw is that I don't think
> the e-mailer automatically sends or receives at intervals like Eudora
> does.  I guess I need to switch back.

What version of Thunderbird are you using?  Mine runs all the time and
wonderful emails from the CoCo list arrive in their own special folder
every 10 minutes as if by magic.  Check "Account Settings".  This is in
the "Tools" menu in my version (1.5).  Under your email account entry
you should find "Server Settings".  In that section will be a
sub-section, also called "Server Settings" where you should find a check
box that says:  "Check for new messages every |___| minutes".  Check
this box and fill in the blank.

In what can only be an effort to make ex-users of MS Outlook Express
feel at home, Thunderbird puts its settings under a different menu in
every version, so the specific details could be different in the copy
you have.  :-)  But I'm quite sure the option is there, and a little
surprised it isn't already set up that way.

JCE