[Coco] Brother Jeremy's OS-9 Level 3 (are you out there, Jeremy?)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Apr 12 21:57:14 EDT 2007

On Apr 12, 2007, at 8:39 PM, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> I thought that OS9000 was the first port of the 6809 version to the
> 68K? Or was
> that the port to the x86? I know the 68000 version would garner the
> label of OSK.

OS-9/6809 was first in 1980, then it was ported to 68K assembly
around 1983.  OS-9000 was the rewrite in C for the 386 and 68020+
processors in 1989.

> released due to Tany's decission to cancel the CoCo. I thought the
> beta testers
> were under a Non Disclosure Agreement. Then again as time has
> progressed
> since this all happened and the legends and myths may have grown.

Brother Jeremy never was part of the project, but was the one person
championing it's release (even with his song to Keving Darling, "Set
the upgrade free".  Ah, good times.)

		-- Allen