[Coco] Help COCO-1 Keyboard

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Apr 8 19:10:08 EDT 2007

On Sunday 08 April 2007, John T Chasteen wrote:
>I got a Coco (Gray Box) with chicklet keys. Unfortunately some of the
>keys must be dirty. What is the best way to clean the electrical
>contacts?

Unforch, the contact buttons are conductive rubber and when the carbon
particles are worn off, its a bit difficult to restore them.  I have used
a conductive paint a couple of times but its lifetime in service was
pretty short.

>I also have a replacement keyboard but the connector is a flat ribbon on
>the keyboard and the connector on the motherboard is a male connector.
>Any
>suggestions how I can solve this connection problem?

Replace the motherboards connector?  But I've no idea where to obtain one
other than cannibalizing another later coco.