[Coco] CoCoMax - Now: OT Amiga / CoCo musings

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Sun Apr 8 13:16:07 EDT 2007

On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 10:50:43 -0600, John Kowalski <sock at axess.com> wrote:
> There was a paint program on the Atari ST that could update all 16
> palettes
> multiple times *per* scanline.  The Atari ST hardware had the benefit of
> not
> generating palette glitch/noise if the palettes were updated while the
> screen was being displayed, but otherwise it too was not intended to do
> this
> sort of stuff.  It's graphics mode being nearly identical to the CoCo 3s
    If I remember, they had a 512 colour (3 bits per RGB color) vs. our 64
colour (2 bits per RGB) of a palette to draw on. Also, Dragonfire on the
Coco 1/2 did mode switching (switching between the two color sets; sort of
a very limited palette switch) several times per scanline (As you well
know... :-))

--
L. Curtis Boyle