[Coco] Source code for High Speed Bit-Banger I/O

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Apr 28 02:26:09 EDT 2007

Ok, I spent about 15 minutes coming up with a possible 230400 bps
block receive routine.

Tomorrow I'll be testing to see if this actually works.  This is
115200 x 2 and requires the 2mhz CPU mode just as the 57600 bps code
requires to achieve 115200 bps.

I noticed my PC's dial-up settings allows this speed "setting", and I
think my USB Serial Adaptor may support it but I'm not sure yet.

I don't think the 6821 itself will register the signals that long,
but who knows?  Also, the timing is so close that faking half-cycles
might be required, but not possible. Cross your fingers, guys.

--
Roger Taylor