[Coco] Rejoicing!

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Tue Apr 24 12:34:04 EDT 2007

Welcome back!!

You have a number of good options for mass storage on the coco.

One is the Superide adaptor from Cloud-9. It provides an ide
connector as well as a socket for a CF card! With a bit of work
you can partition the CF card and install both hdb-dos as well as
nitros-9. You can even boot from the card. Booting nitros from the
card with my 6309 based coco take ~6 seconds!!

Another option is also from cloud-9 and that is drivewire. It allows
you to use your pc as a file server for the coco. You can even boot
nitros with it. While it's not as fast as the ide adaptor it is
faster then a floppy. With nitros you can have up to four virtual
drives of a size up to the limit allowed by nitros. From hdb dos you
can have up to four groups of 255 virtual floppies!!

Frank