[Color Computer] [coco] gsort

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Sep 18 01:30:12 EDT 2006

On Sunday 17 September 2006 22:39, George's Coco Address wrote:
>> Whose gsort are we talking about here?  The one I did, might do that
>> because an uppercase first character is less numericly than a
>> lowercase. Is that the effect you see?
>>
>> It also does this in a recursive mode IIRC, so really big dirs might
>> take a
>> while, but its also doing a simultainous housecleaning in that
>> directory, much more than the original, which left all sorts of garbage
>> between the last, MSB set byte of the name, the the 3 byte LSN number
>> at the end of that 32 byte allocation.
>>
>> To check, do a vfy or an ident on it.  If its not edition $0E or 14 in
>> decimal, goto rtsi and get that one.  GSort14.lzh or something like
>> that.
>
>OOPS, Gene.
>
>The one on RTSI is V12, the same as I have. Perhaps your newer version is
>somewhere else?
>
>George

Update:  I just now found GSort14 in the older release of nitros9.  But its
a bit scattered.  The readme, assembly listing output and the assembly
source are in 3rdparty/drivers/GSort14, but no binary.  &%$#@.

Now, I've copied GSort14.lzh to a floppy, and read that floppy into a file
here, which I assume I need to add a .dsk to the filename, and then lets
see if I can get the coco os9 tools to pick it out of that dsk.  Not
having done this before, it might be fun.  And its proving to be just
that, for some reason it cannot create the output file.

Let me see if Boisy can help.  I'll get back to you on this unless you want
a whole 1440 sector .dsk image in your mailbox, 360k in size.  In that
case I'll need a good mailbox for you instead of the list at maltedmedia.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)