[Coco] nitros 3.2.6 windint+vdg problem?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Oct 24 01:08:32 EDT 2006

>Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 05:32:34 -0400
>From: Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net>

Sorry it took so long to get back to this, but I've been busy with
other stuff.   Since I knew this would take several hours of hacking,
I waited for a day off.

>I don't think you have a hardware problem but you have tried
>too many different things for me to follow your trail. :)

Just trying to be thorough. :-)

>Let's start from common ground. What happens when you boot
>from the 40 track disk #1 distribution as downloaded? This
>should be an 80 column window with the ability to convert
>windows into vdg screens.

That works.  I was able to call up a vdg screen after xmode'ing and
everything.  Then I started playing.

Now, every time I built a new boot disk, I start from scratch.  I edit
standard.bl and use the mb script (which formats the disk).  On
non-hard drive boots, then I dsave the original disk's contents onto
the new boot disk.

(this is the abbreviated list of steps.  I've left out successful
intermediate steps.)

I re-created the dist. disk.  Works fine.
distribution disk + IDE drivers.  Works fine.
dist + IDE  + w8+w9.  works fine.
dist + IDE + w8+w9+w10.  fails to boot.  This may be a os9boot size
problem or something like that.  I use w8-w15 from original Multivue.
Anyway, this isn't the main problem.

dist + term_vdg only works with vdg windows.

Try duplicating this, please.  Make a boot disk identical to the
distribution, except use term_vdg instead of term_win80.  Try to start
a cowin window.  Using "iniz" or starting a shell on /wX causes my
system to hang.  Writing anything to the window causes a horrible
crash.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA