[Coco] CoCo Questions

Dan Olson dano at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Oct 24 00:53:24 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm new to the list, I've recently gotten interested in the CoCo again and
haven't had any luck finding much useful information on the 'net so I hope
I'm in the right place.  I've been thinking about trying my hand at
building my own cartridge, but I hate to tear apart one of my good ones,
as I have so few...and it looks like there's a screw under the label.
Does anyone have one in the junk pile that they'd be willing to part with?
I've also been wondering, on a 64k machine, I know that part of the memory
has to get mapped out in order to use the BASIC ROM, can BASIC actually
make use of the full 64k of memory (without pokes and peeks) or is the ROM
always mapped in instead of RAM?  Also, I've seen some mention of sound
cartridges and other things that plug into the cartridge slot (aside from
the more common MPI, disk, RS-232) but have seen little more than that.
Is there a more complete list somewhere?  For that matter, any pointers to
web sites with technical info would be great too.  Sorry about all the
questions (jumping all over the place) for a first-e-mail, hopefully
someone out there can point me in the right direction!  Thanks.

 	Dan