[Coco] Re: Re: Tandy Printers to give away

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 07:57:32 EDT 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:47:06 -0000, "Al Hartman" wrote:

> My project to bring the Coco Graphics Designer back to market is on
> hold until I can get a working Coco to test and make disks with...

I was an avid user of CGDP+ back in the day and will ocasionally pop
the floppies in my CoCo 3 setup to play with it and compose something
neat when the retro feeling is needed on a flyer or small invitation
run.

One thing I always thought would have been neat was if the CGDP+ could
take advantage of the CoCo 3 extra RAM & speed, and load some or most
of its components into memory instead of loading and swaping to the
floppies. Understood that with the CoCo 1/2 64k RAM environment that
was needed in order to get such a complex and nifty application do
what it does without a hitch, but on a CoCo 3 with its high clock
speed option some of the tasks CDGP+ does could be enhanced by a good
factor - at least from the little that I know about the software inner
workings, I assume it loads in and out overlays as it needs them to
run within 64k.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-