[Coco] Error codes on SECB

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Fri Nov 17 11:07:42 EST 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:37:52 -0600, William Astle <lost at l-w.ca> wrote:

> Diego Barizo wrote:
>> While debugging a program, I noticed that some errors just don't
>> generate an error code, like "NE error"
>> Is there anywhere I could "peek" to identify this error?
>>
>> And out of curiosity, does anyone know why some errors are not included?
>> ( I seen to remember another error that did not generate an error code,
>> but just can't remember which one)
>
> I thought NE was error code 26 (Unravelled book confirms.) Interestingly
> enough, NE is defined by Extended Basic even though most folks would
> only encounter it when using Disk Basic.
>
> Unless you're doing something odd, all errors go through the same
> handling process so ERRNO should provide the error code (assuming ON ERR
> GOTO in effect). The only special handling I see in the error routines
> is for some weird case of a UL error. (Note that if you aren't doing ON
> ERR GOTO, you won't get the error code stored anywhere.)

     The NE error is possible in regular (non-Disk) BASIC with cassette.
You can specify a CLOAD(M) "filename", which will cause the tape to skip
over any other programs until it finds it, if I remember correctly (been
probably 20 years since I have ran cassette). Or maybe it was related to
the SKIPF command.

--
L. Curtis Boyle