[Coco] Error codes on SECB

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Thu Nov 16 23:37:52 EST 2006

Diego Barizo wrote:
> While debugging a program, I noticed that some errors just don't
> generate an error code, like "NE error"
> Is there anywhere I could "peek" to identify this error?
>
> And out of curiosity, does anyone know why some errors are not included?
> ( I seen to remember another error that did not generate an error code,
> but just can't remember which one)

I thought NE was error code 26 (Unravelled book confirms.) Interestingly
enough, NE is defined by Extended Basic even though most folks would
only encounter it when using Disk Basic.

Unless you're doing something odd, all errors go through the same
handling process so ERRNO should provide the error code (assuming ON ERR
GOTO in effect). The only special handling I see in the error routines
is for some weird case of a UL error. (Note that if you aren't doing ON
ERR GOTO, you won't get the error code stored anywhere.)

--
William Astle
finger lost at l-w.ca for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w---
!D !M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?