[Color Computer] Re:[coco] www on coco

Jim Hickle jlhickle at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 13:16:03 EST 2006

I had this happen with a Linux machine (40MHz '386DX).  It wouldn't stay connected (PPP) to the ISP for very long but just dialing into a shell worked okay.  Once I moved to a faster machine the problem went away.

Mike Pepe <lamune at doki-doki.net> wrote:

To handle the IP stack, and on top of that the PPP layer you'd need to
talk to a dialup connection would be so painfully slow that I would
seriously doubt the CoCo could respond to simple keepalive packets fast
enough to convince the ISP that there's actually something working on
the other end.