[Coco] Dos ROMS.

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 19 11:27:56 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm just implementing multiple DOS rom support in Mess, I have it
working correctly for the Dragon, so that now you can select which of
the following dos roms you want to use : DragonDos 1.0, SuperDos E6,
Cumana Dos, Eurohard DragonDos 4.0 or DosPlus, you can also elect to
have no dos rom loaded, so that the machine may be booted as cassette only.

I would like to implement the same for the CoCo, and have a couple of
questions.

1) I know there was a 1.0 version of RS-DOS, and that Mess uses RS-DOS
1.1, is the 1.0 rom available anywhere ?

2) Where there other doses, available also that where compatible with
the standard RS-DOS cart ?

3) The mess driver for the CoCo3 seems to load the RS-DOS rom twice,
once at the normal $C000 and also at $E000, is there any special reason
for this, or is it just down to the address decoding in the RS-DOS cart ?

Cheers.

Phill.