[Coco] Nitros9 Boot Disk "issues"

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon May 22 08:40:04 EDT 2006

Roger,

I located a bug in the boot_1773 module that prevents it from booting
properly from a single sided disk.  Ken Carlin was having the exact
same problems as you and emailed me yesterday.  I eyeballed the
source last night, and it turns out that a beq should be a bne, and
because of this faux pas, the problem occurs.

My thought at this point is to address this and any other issues and
put out another release.  Really sorry about this guys; the fact is I
don't test features that I don't use (like single-sided disks), and
people are always checking in their changes which I usually only have
time to eyeball.  True pre-release testing doesn't exist on this
project, and that's probably because the size of the user base is
quite small.  So you guys take the heat by being unwitting testers,
fighting these problems and trying to diagnose them.

While I feel really bad about this, I am unsure of how to alleviate
the situation.

So besides the single-sided boot issue, are there any other
outstanding issues with the 3.2.6 release that are known?

Boisy