[Coco] Re: Ken-Ton SCSI Controller

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun May 21 23:51:34 EDT 2006

Clifford wrote:
> "Robert Gault" <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote
> in message news:44705107.5040400 at worldnet.att.net...
>
>>Clifford wrote:
>>
>>>I need some help on getting a ken-ton SCSI controller working. Is anyone
>>>using one and
>>>what settings are you using on your drives? The drives themselves work
>>>with
>>>my TC-3.
>>>
>>>Clifford
>>
>>What type of drives and OS?
>
> Installation disk for the kenton (disk basic 1.1)
>

>>What problems are you having?
>
> KenTon basic overlay loads and freezes searching for the drive. SCSI drive
> light flashes and doesn't stop.
>

>>Presumably the
>>interface is in an MPI and if so, does it match the Coco you are using
>>or has it (MPI) been upgraded if necessary?
>
> Yes. CoCo3 modified MPI
>

>>Have you made any jumper
>>changes to the KenTon interface?
>
> No
>

>>What controller is being used for your
>>floppies, and is there an I/O address conflict between the floppy
>>controller and KenTon interface?
>
> RS 26-3029
> I don't believe so. KenTon is mapped at FF74 ( I believe).Same address as
> the stock TC-3.
>
> This system works fine with the Burke&Burke hard drive controller.
>

>>--

Two possibilities come to mind. 1) The wrong RGB-DOS patch is being
used. Several are supplied each for a different controller/interface. 2)
The patch is correct but not correctly applied. 3) The KenTon interface
does not like the specific SCSI drive that is on your system.

Are you using an SCSI-1 or SCSI-2 drive? What brand/model?