[Coco] Re: Ken-Ton SCSI Controller

Clifford clifford.redding at verizon.net
Sun May 21 15:34:33 EDT 2006

"Robert Gault" <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote
in message news:44705107.5040400 at worldnet.att.net...
> Clifford wrote:
>> I need some help on getting a ken-ton SCSI controller working. Is anyone
>> using one and
>> what settings are you using on your drives? The drives themselves work
>> with
>> my TC-3.
>>
>> Clifford
> What type of drives and OS?
Installation disk for the kenton (disk basic 1.1)

> What problems are you having?
KenTon basic overlay loads and freezes searching for the drive. SCSI drive
light flashes and doesn't stop.

>Presumably the
> interface is in an MPI and if so, does it match the Coco you are using
> or has it (MPI) been upgraded if necessary?
Yes. CoCo3 modified MPI

> Have you made any jumper
> changes to the KenTon interface?
No

>What controller is being used for your
> floppies, and is there an I/O address conflict between the floppy
> controller and KenTon interface?
RS 26-3029
I don't believe so. KenTon is mapped at FF74 ( I believe).Same address as
the stock TC-3.

This system works fine with the Burke&Burke hard drive controller.