[Color Computer] [Coco] new CoCo games

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 19:56:49 EDT 2006

>Speaking of coco games, it's been years since I added to my collection.
>Is there an Archon game for the coco?
No CoCo games duplicate the gameplay that I'm aware of.

I liked Archon too.  So much that I even thought about writing a port
of it since it wasn't that complex graphics wise.  But duplicating the
look or sound of a game is a lot easier than duplicating how it plays.
 Just look at the CoCo Pacman... great game but the ghosts use
different logic than the arcade.  Still, it plays about the same for
most people.  For an arcade game it might not be a big deal but for a
strategy game it means the game totally changes and usually for the
worse.

To duplicate the gameplay I'd need to reverse engineer one of the
other versions and figure out what's going on.  That's pretty time
consuming.   Sadly, when I looked for disassemblies of Archon for
other machines I didn't find any so I dropped the idea.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM