[Coco] [Color Computer] What the hell is this ==> rjrttyat aoldot com

Fedor Steeman petrander at gmail.com
Sat May 13 01:56:32 EDT 2006

Hi Roger,

That's not the point here. "user", "domain" and "suffix" are just variables
here, that first get a value after the function is called, and first then
the html-code containing the link is generated. The function is not called
until the reader of the web page does something specific, like clicking a
button, that an e-mail harvesting script could never be prepared for.

So, yeah, I think this will be effective against e-mail harvesting.

I doubt that bitmaps are good enough a defense. Computers can be trained to
read text as an image. That is why one often has to decode an image
containing a string of greatly distorted letters and numbers in order to
register for a lot of online services like hotmail, etc.

Cheers,
Fedor