[Coco] [Color Computer] OT Preventing email harvesting, WAS > What the he

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Fri May 12 22:52:32 EDT 2006

 I've been using this JS code for about five years. No harvester has gleaned
email from this script. My visitors do not have to figure out anything. They
just click on the link and their email client pops up to allow an email to
me. Of course, the email is an alias. My website server forwards those
emails to my REAL email address. I also use it in forms used in the formmail
stuff from my web host. The thing works and I love it.

 If it didn't work, I would not have offered it here. Those spammers are
VERY clever. They've found some of my email addies that I thought were
fairly well protected, but this JS code has not failed me, yet.

 Get a new email address and try it out. You'll see that it really does
work. Don't use that email addy for sending emails. If you use it to SEND
email, you will get spammed on it. I promise. It doesn't matter who you send
to, someone out there will have something on their computer that will reveal
that address to the spammers. This I have learned from experience. It should
be a recieve only email address. It should be a "Throw Away" address. Always
reply with a different POP account. I garonteeya that the POP account will
also get compromised by one of your friend's, family member's or customer's
computer. But the email addy used in this code will not be compromised by
harvesters.

 Nothing is absolute. People that send email to this might have unwanted
software running that will reveal it to the spammers.
 All we can do is minimize the problem. FormMail using this script works
really well on my websites.

 Try stopping junk mail in your home's USPS mail box! HAH! Forget it! I use
it for packing material and to start my charcoal.
 The fake credit cards are handy for mixing and spreading epoxy and Bondo.
 Sample shampoo works, because I have little hair and a small package can
last a few days. Hehe!

George

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
var user;
var domain;
var suffix;
function jemail(user, domain, suffix){
document.write('<a href="' + 'mailto:' + user + '@' + domain + '.' + suffix
+ '">' + user + '@' + domain + '.' + suffix + '</a>');
}
//-->
// End -->
</script>

<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
jemail("yourusername", "yourdomain", "yoursuffix");
// End -->
</SCRIPT>