[Coco] OT: Has anyone worked with "big iron" sysems

Bill Gunshannon billg000 at cs.uofs.edu
Tue May 9 15:42:06 EDT 2006

> I'm curious to know if anyone on this list has worked with
> so-called "big iron" systmes.

Proably need to define "big iron".
I have worked with:  PDP-11, VAX, Alpha, Prime, Univac 1005,
Univac-1100, IBM 1401, IBM 4300, IBM 3080, ATT 3B20, Apollo,
Sun and more that I can't even remember the designations of.

> If so, I'm interested in reading about your experiences.
>  Don't know if you want to share with the list or not.

All had their pluses and minuses.  Most were just part of my job.
I still keep PDP-11, VAXen and even Alphas around my house and my
computer room at the University for fun and education.

bill

bill at cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |