Nitros9 for the masses (was) Re: [Coco] COCO4 Emulator

James Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Sun May 7 16:29:09 EDT 2006

Yup, converts one by one.  BUT -- we need to hear from the important
people on this -- the ones who maintain Nitros9.  Curtis, Boisy --
what is YOUR opinion regarding a port of Nitros9 to the Intel
chipset, ala Linux?

On May 7, 2006, at 11:12 AM, John Donaldson wrote:

> Alex,
>   What you said is all true. I forgot that the COCO3 could display
> 16 colors, not 8. I kinda like the idea of porting NitrOS9 over to
> the PC and let it be a real PC OS. This may be the best of both
> worlds. It would allow a new hardware platform and allow use of
> upgrades that are coming out for the PC's. The OS source could be
> kep the the Net Dispostory so upgrades, changes, bug fixs and such
> could quickly be implimented. We then have true 80 column screens,
> all the colors we will ever need, speed would be determined by
> which PC Process your using. You could then envoke the current
> emulator programs to give backward compatiblity to the COCO2/3.
> Just think Multi-View could become our verison of Windows.
>
> John Donaldson

-----Items below rated "PCX"; news anchor approval advised before
reading...----
Stupid questions are the root of all progress.
  From the sayings of Grampa Jim, Copyright 2006.
Unauthorized use of my stuff may cause senility.