[Coco] COCO4 Emulator

John Donaldson johnadonaldson at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 7 11:12:22 EDT 2006

Alex,
   What you said is all true. I forgot that the COCO3 could display 16
colors, not 8. I kinda like the idea of porting NitrOS9 over to the PC
and let it be a real PC OS. This may be the best of both worlds. It
would allow a new hardware platform and allow use of upgrades that are
coming out for the PC's. The OS source could be kep the the Net
Dispostory so upgrades, changes, bug fixs and such could quickly be
implimented. We then have true 80 column screens, all the colors we will
ever need, speed would be determined by which PC Process your using. You
could then envoke the current emulator programs to give backward
compatiblity to the COCO2/3. Just think Multi-View could become our
verison of Windows.

John Donaldson