[Coco] CoCo Fest video and chat

Nickolas Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Wed May 3 16:59:59 EDT 2006

Ron Barnhart wrote:

The number one way to increase the attendance is to get more people
interested in the CoCo community in general - and for those who are
interested but not aware that a fest still happens every year, we need to
make them aware.

Nick Replies:

I am thinking more along the lines of how do we get more of the
remaining/existing CoCo users to attend.

What if we imagine that the CoCoFest is a shop front and we want to
attract more customers into our store. What would we do?

First thing that comes to my mind is to offer product that people are
interested in. We must also bare in mind that not everyone is a diehard
CoCo user. I suspect many are/would be interested in the CoCo for
nostalgia reasons. And as for ex-CoCo users who haven't even seen or
heard of a CoCo for over 10 years, what can we offer to get their interest?

- What does that current CoCoFest offer to attract people to attend?

- Does the CoCofest offer enough to satisfy the desire for nostalgia?

- What age group is the CoCofest targeting in its current format?

- Is news and details of the CoCofest getting out to enough people?

- Should we expand the fest to include TRS-80 Model 1/3 and MC-10?

That last line would mean that the Fest is no longer a *CoCo*fest but
rather, a Classic Tandy Computers Fest. Maybe in that format, we may get
some support from Radio Shack?  (a VERY long shot I know!)   :)

I think the location of Chicago is good. Central to the US and close to
Canada. It has a major airport. Glenside seem to have the hotel pinned
down quite well also so I don't think there is anything that can really
be improved here unless there is an army of CoCo users in cold storage
in the LA area.   :)

Nick Marentes