[Coco] COCO Books for Sale

Tony C cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sun May 7 22:16:08 EDT 2006

After reading about Nitros running on MESS a while back, I was all fired up
about running a soft coco on my laptop, went out and bought
some books on 6809 Assembly to re-live my coco years again.

Not having room for a real coco and multipack, as well as multi-packs being
harder to find than honest politicians in Washington DC, and the onset of a
new job, I think it's better
to let these books go to someone who will really get some use out of them.

My only experience (circa 1984-1989) with 6809 assembly was using Barden's
book with Diskedtasm, and a plug-in board that came with Staugaard's book.
I remember being able to program an external PIA to make LEDS go on, as well
as read dip switches.
Playing with simple hardware was more interesting to me than trying to write
an application in assembly.
I wish I would have had Leventhal's book in addition to (or instead of)
Barden's. It looks very comprehensive, even after 10+ years of not having
touched a real coco, or having done any programming on one.

So here they are

6809 Assembly Language Programming, Lance Leventhal
$20 + Shipping/handling

Assembly Language Programming for the TRS-80 Color Computer, Laurence A
Tepolt (a rare find)
$20 + Shipping/Handling

What Every Engineer Should Known About Microcomputer Systems Design and
Debugging, Bill Wray, Bill Crawford
(has some 6809 and 6821 interfacing experiments)
$5 + Shipping/Handling

First person to reply gets their choice, but I will accept an addtional
person as a backup.

Thanks

Tony