[Coco] Portal09 help, new project...

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Sun Jan 22 21:48:25 EST 2006

At 08:00 PM 1/22/2006, you wrote:
>I have gotten Mess 103b running on my Win2K box, and I am starting a new
>project - I want to start working on porting Cubix[1] to the CoCo[2]...
>prolly the tre first, then maybe the 2/1 -- Cubix was designed for a 64K
>machine, but it may run fine in less - I have a lot of (re)learning to
>do... ;-)
>Anyway, I started diddling with Portal-9 3.1 (I had 3.0 installed, and
>started it once, but I didn't have enough of a reason to actually get
>elbows-deep into it like I do now) and my 6809 assembly is... ummm...
>rusty, at best.
>Couple questions: Can a non-registered Portal-09 build enough of a project
>to at least show errors? I doubt my first "quickie-prog" assembled without
>an armload of goofs... but building a project just says "Build Complete."

Post your readout.txt file contents here and I'll tell you what's
happening.  The most common problem seems to be that people aren't tagging
their .asm files correctly so that they are assembled.  Instead, they get
skipped and the user scratches his head.

Files in a project can be "ride-along" files that don't get assembled or
processed at all, or files can be told to be copied as-is to the
destination floppy, or told to be assembled into an object type.  Choose
Multi-record for the object type, and make sure you specify an output
filename!  Also, did you set up your virtual disk?  If not, the files will
just be in your /FILES subfolder and won't end up on a .dsk as well like
they should.

>Also, are there supposed to be helpfiles for CCASM & whatnot under the
>Help file, or does that only come with registration as well?

Look under your Windows Start menu for Portal-9 and see if there is a
shortcut there for the CCASM docs.  It's a PDF file.  The docs are there no
matter if you're registered or not.  If nothing happens when you click on
them from the Help menu then perhaps I moved the files around and forgot to
tell the IDE the new location.  Hmm.  Anyway, look in C:\Portal-9\Help

--
Roger Taylor