[Coco] Chicago Coco Fest Questions.

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 26 22:03:25 EST 2006

Roger Taylor wrote:

> I will setup FTP access for Glenside and hopefully you can use the
> site to host your fest cam.  I enjoyed it last year, and the year
> before, even though my time was very limited and I was only able to
> view short segments from time to time.  The interactive chat and cam
> is still possible if Glenside wants me to install my free CGI chat
> script (that the CoCo Cafe is powered by).  I wrote the script and
> can offer my services in this area.

I attended part of Glensides last   board meeting via Gizmo. I was ask
to do the Internet  thingy this year. I agreed.

I have 2 camcorders that I am going to use as web cams. One is BW and I
thought to use that as a general around the room look. The other is
color and I plan to have it mobile. If it was hooked to a wireless
laptop could you handle 2 signals in and out? Maybe 2 quarter screens
side by side and the chat below.  Can you   handle constant stream
upload and 1 second interval downloads?   Just thoughts.

Is there any way to do sound for the sing along Sat nite without getting
involved with Shoutcast?

> P.S. I believe that Nick Marentes has made a cool logo for the CoCo
> Fest that Glenside may or may not want to utilize.  I've seen it and
> it's nice.  These kind of community contributions towards the events
> are one of the things that has kept the CoCo alive, so I think
> Glenside will probably proudly take the new site and logo and
> anything else that's already produced for them and make good use of
> it as a start for a cool new idea.
Glenside is not suppose to have someone monitor this mailing list
constantly. So will he please respond to this.

Have you looked at Nicks LOGO?  Do you   have someone in your group to
write the code to utilize Rogers offer on the website or do you want
someone else to do it. I have some sign up sheet code I can donate.
--
The trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.