[Coco] Chicago Coco Fest Questions.

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Tue Dec 26 14:15:22 EST 2006

At 10:05 PM 12/25/2006, you wrote:
>Need to get some feedback about the Coco Fest.  I have agreed to put it
>out on the web again.
>
>One of the complaints from year before last was the speed at which  new
>images were  displayed.  That of course is up to Roger or who   ever
>hosts this. From the floor I uploaded  JPG images in a  constant stream.
>   They were fed  out  to the net every 5 seconds or so. I noticed on my
>computer which was displaying the feed that someone could walk into the
>vision field of  the  webcam and out between image displays.

Dave, I can probably provide the new www.annualcocofest.com site
space to whomever will ogranize and run the cam so it can be more of
a CoCo Fest-operated event instead of me exclusively hosting it at
CoCo3.com (which raised a stink for a few days last year) but as of
now I haven't received much feedback from Glenside about their plans
to use this domain I claimed for their use.

I will setup FTP access for Glenside and hopefully you can use the
site to host your fest cam.  I enjoyed it last year, and the year
before, even though my time was very limited and I was only able to
view short segments from time to time.  The interactive chat and cam
is still possible if Glenside wants me to install my free CGI chat
script (that the CoCo Cafe is powered by).  I wrote the script and
can offer my services in this area.

P.S. I believe that Nick Marentes has made a cool logo for the CoCo
Fest that Glenside may or may not want to utilize.  I've seen it and
it's nice.  These kind of community contributions towards the events
are one of the things that has kept the CoCo alive, so I think
Glenside will probably proudly take the new site and logo and
anything else that's already produced for them and make good use of
it as a start for a cool new idea.

--
Roger Taylor