[Coco] Ramdisk freeware o open?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Dec 25 15:50:32 EST 2006

On Monday 25 December 2006 12:57, Diego Barizo wrote:
>I'm looking for a RamDisk program that could be freely re-distributed.
>The one I've been using is from the "Rainbow", and AFAIK, the copyrights
>still hold, and I'm not allowed to re-distribute it, right?
>
>Diego

Check out my ramdisk, called for some reason or other' 'myram8'
or 'myram3', or I think the last version didn't care & was just
called 'myram'.  It should be on rtsi, and contains the driver and the
descriptor & a short doc.  The size of it is set by setting the number of
cylinders with the usual dmode command, and it is self initializing, its
brought into play by simply doing a 'dir /r0' and it magicly appears
ready for use, tested at up to 1.8 megs on a 2 meg system.  You can also
deinit it, and recover every bite for other uses. Tested by a script that
looped through opening it, copying a couple of files to it, then
deiniting it.  I let it run for about 20,000 cycles of that and it was as
good then as when I started.

I don't recall now what if any license I put on it, but at this late date
I'll put a GPLv2 only on it if someone wants to use it.  I just looked,
and the license was basicly a free as in beer license but no commercial
for profit use.

I don't *think* there is a descriptor in the archive, but a suitable one
can be made from any rbf descriptor with my file verification
utility 'vfy'.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)