[Coco] CoCo3 questions / Cloud 9 Super IDE interface

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Dec 8 04:12:52 EST 2006

>Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:46:12 -0500
>From: Roger Merchberger <zmerch-coco at 30below.com>
>
>Rumor has it that Joel Ewy may have mentioned these words:
>>Steve.Lancaster at Moorestephens.com wrote:

First, I want to point out that I've no experience with CF cards or
their use as IDE devices on the CoCo, so I might be missing something,
here.

>However, with (maybe) some minor diddling of the .dsk files to extract
>*just the raw data*, one could use the dd command in Linux to write the
>multple "partitions of floppies" to a CF card that can be used in the
>SuperIDE.

Since the .dsk files don't have headers or anything, all you'd have to
do is convince Linux to use the format scheme.  Depending on how
completely the CF cards emulate a disk drive.  I know Linux can handle
(with patches) sector-0 based floppies, but I don't know about hard
drives.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA