[Coco] Is the 6309 worth it?

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Wed Dec 6 21:42:11 EST 2006

At the last cocofest I purchased a 6309 cpu for my coco3. Unfortunatly I
didn't think to time my coco3 with a 6809 in it. I do know that my coco3
with 6309 in it running the 6309 version of nitros-9 is noticably faster
then the same machine running the 6809 version of nitos-9. I haven't noticed
any significant speed differances between the two cpus when running hdb dos
ot rsdos.

To be fair the applications that I use under hdb-dos and rsdos weren't
optimized to take advantage of the 6809. All said I would consider upgrading
from a 6809 to a 6309 a no brainer.

Frank