[Coco] Photon game on a PeeCee

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 11:34:58 EDT 2005

--- Stan Blazejewski <stanblaz at netspace.net.au> wrote:

> Try as I may it seems that the game Photon is protected
> in such a way as to make sure it won't work on Jeff's emulator.
> Reading around a few CoCo web sites reveals that it 'has been
> ported to the PC on a couple of occasions' but no
> mention as to the names.
>
> Anyone know the name of (or have) a version of Photon that'll work on a
> PeeCee?

I'm not sure about this, but I doubt the game was designed to not work on an
emulator. More likely it's an issue with the emulator not properly emulating
something the code is trying to do. Jeff's emulator is known to not run some ML
code, such as the 64 color routine on Robert Gault's website. I had to make an
emulator detector in Color FOG for that reason, just to keep it from locking up
the emulator.

Try running the game in MESS and see if it works.

cheers,
Bob