[Coco] cc6809 project

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Wed Mar 23 08:35:24 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:53:13 -0600
"Boisy G. Pitre" <boisy at boisypitre.com> wrote:

> That's why the mamou and other assemblers are still needed, to handle
> "old" formats.  as6809, as in Alan Baldwin's package, falls under the
> "new" assembler heading.

Are mamou and others still being developed? If not, how are people used to
soon to be depreciated coding styles going to keep up with your assembler?
(Excuse me if I'm not up on things here. :) )

> So you see, there are some migration issues involved.  I'm working on a
> translator program which will move the files in the NitrOS-9 Project
> from the old format to the new one.  Hand tweaks will still need to be
> made, however.
>
> Moving to this new assembler/linker combination will give us a single
> toolkit for both assembly and C programming, which is quite convenient.

It really looks likes it makes the code more readable. That with the added
benefit of a single toolkit for C and assembly really makes this look nice.

-M.