[Coco] cc6809 project

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Wed Mar 23 07:32:50 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:07:46 -0600
"Boisy G. Pitre" <boisy at boisypitre.com> wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2005, at 8:50 PM, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
>
> > Boisy
> >
> > I concurr that all in one assemblers are nice if y ou are working on
> > multiple processors. For the COCO at least now is but basically two.
> >
> > What do you mean be "modern Assembly format"?
>
> Well, I've noticed that newer assemblers have lines like:
>
> label: lda #44 ; comment
>
> That is, the label always has a semicolon following it, and the comment
> field always starts with a semicolon.  The CoCo assemblers relaxed that
> restriction quite a bit.

I would think that you would need to support the old format as well as the new.
Maybe make the old format depreciated and never remove it (with the appropriate
warnings during compile.) This way, those who want to keep the older style can,
and those who are learning fresh from either Barden or someone else (yes, I know
it's not quite the same as OS-9 assembly) can use the older code until they
learn better.

Just my $0.00. :)

-M.