[Coco] Rainbow on Disc - OCR

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Sat Jun 11 14:52:08 EDT 2005

Here are some thoughts and questions I have in regards to the OCR subject.

It seems there are several ways to go with the OCR, but two main
categories.  Category one would be OCR included in the PDF as selectible
and searchble text, while category two is including separate files that
would include the text from the issue.

In regards to category one:
If provided with 300ppi 24bit color images would they suffice for the OCR
work?  If provided with 300ppi 1bit B&W images for the OCR, could we use
300ppi 24bit color images as the "background" for the PDF - if so how easy
is it with ABBYY?

In regards to category two:
We would want a system for searching that is cross platform.  I would
think that we would want to separate program listings, and perhaps
individual articles, into separate files.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Michael Harwood