[Coco] Re: Rainbow on Disc

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Jun 9 17:32:31 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 11:06 -0600, Michael Wayne Harwood wrote:
> I think you are correct.  An OCR process would have to happen up front.
>
> Regards,
> Michael Harwood

I'm don't think there's a way to make text selectable in a PDF without
retypesetting the article text.

This is why I suggested raw PDF ascii files on the same DVD, perhaps in
the same directory with the PDF file. Then readers could grep Rainbow,
find the relevant article and page number, then pop open the PDF and
jump to the right page.

Pretty much the same thing, much less work.

Have you broached the OCR subject with Lonnie?

-- John.