[Coco] re:Learning to program

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Fri Dec 16 20:44:10 EST 2005

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:02:16 -0800
Tony Cappellini <tony at tcapp.com> wrote:

> Python is my language of choice!!
> Highly recommended as a first language to learn, EVEN over Pascal.
> It's easier than Basic, but also features some OO constructs to let
> you go further when you're ready.
> It can be extended to almost any other language or modules written in
> other languages.

No way in H, E, double hockey sticks is Python easier than BASIC. I doubt that
as a 4 year old, I could have understood the thought behind Python even without
it's OO constructs.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea behind Python, and I've been working to get
a grasp on it from a BASIC, C, etc. standpoint. But I seriously do not believe
it to be easier than BASIC...

-M.

P.S. Yeah, that first sentence is probably the way I would have said it in Real
Life (TM) too. I'm that sad. ;)