[Coco] Bad news, good news...

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Tue Dec 13 23:13:05 EST 2005

At 10:23 PM 13/12/2005 -0500, Robert Gault wrote:

>And what monitor usable with a Coco has composite, S-video, and RGB inputs?
>
>What happens if you run an artifact program through S-video? Is it just
>like RGB in that you just see black and white?

I'm using an Amiga (Commodore 1080) monitor.  I'm not sure which variant I
have, but it has chroma & luma jacks (luma also doubles as the composite
input), a DB9 RGB connector and mono sound.  I recall that I had to hack it
a little bit to make it accept the CoCo's sync signals.

Artifact colors look just like they do on RGB - black and white.  Luckily,
chances are any monitor that can do S-video will also be able to do
composite video and anyone could simply switch to composite to see artifact
colors.

                                         John Kowalski (Sock Master)
                                         http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/