[Coco] Updates on ongoing projects? (requesting updates...)

Michael Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Sat Dec 10 13:47:16 EST 2005

Sorry to have been so quiet on the list lately in regards to the Rainbow
project...of course that may have been a blessing for many of you!  ;)

The Rainbow on Disc project has suffered a bit over the last 3 months
due to several variables outside my control.  I have recently suffered
the loss of my step-mother, my work schedule has been very hectic (60+
hour weeks), and my wife is pregnant.  All of this has left me with less
time that I would like to work on the project.

I am still slogging along, but since I am currently the only "employee"
of the project its progress depends soley on what free time I can
allocate without damaging my relationship with my wife and/or my
employer.  I am certainly open to any volunteer help in the areas of
magazine scanning and post-scan image cleanup.

I would like to extend the offer of paying the license fees to be able
to award a full set of the Rainbow on Disc to volunteers that are
willing to help in predetermined ways to the project (e.g. someone
willing to take the time to scan in 1500 pages worth of magazines would
qualify).  Any scanning, image clean-up, etc would need to adhere to the
standards set for the project, but all of that would be worked out ahead
of time before anyone started working.

I am comfortable talking about this on or off list, though I am not sure
whether Dennis would rather these negotiations be private to keep email
volume down.  After all I am expecting lots of eager volunteers...  ;)

Regards,
Michael Harwood