[Coco] [Color Computer] Creating a DSK file on a real coco..

George Ramsower Yahoo at DVDPlayersOnly.com
Tue Dec 27 18:20:16 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Gault"

> OK, if you cut and pasted the Basic09 code, then the software that runs on
> my Coco hard drive system fails on yours. That must reflect differences in
> the systems, hardware or OS.
>
> To narrow this down as much as possible, instead of using the OS installed
> on my Coco system, I booted with the latest NitrOS-9 6309 release using
> its scsi driver. I then created an image of the NitrOS-9 boot disk with no
> errors generated. Image size $5A000, disk 40T double sided.
>
> If you still get errors with the above, then I'd say you have a hardware
> problem.

 Except it DID work making an image of the boot disk I normally use on this
machine. The boot disks that failed were generated on this machine to be
used on the other machine.
 I'm going to look into this in more depth tonight. I'm going to create
several images of the disk that did work to prove or disprove a HD error.
 Then I'll create a new boot disk for the intended purpose of MESS and try
that. I think I'll put the existing disks on a back burner for now. I've
already formatted a floppy for this purpose but ran out of energy last night
and had to go to bed for some Zs. This old guy has to have sleep!

 My cocos are 6809, stock with 512K. I use a KenTon SCSI interface on the
machine I'm using for this purpose. The only "Non Stock" item is the 3 port
com board I built years ago, but it's the same as three Deluxe RS-232 paks.
I used all 16 address lines to decode it, so there wouldn't be any chance of
interference with other stuff.

George