[Coco] [Color Computer] Creating a DSK file on a real coco..

George Ramsower Yahoo at DVDPlayersOnly.com
Tue Dec 27 07:09:39 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Gault"
Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2005 5:35 PM

>I don't know why you are having trouble so I decided to test the method on
>my system. I slightly modified the basic09 program to make it run as fast
>as possible. That was done by grabbing one track at a time rather than one
>sector. The program was also PACKed so that it ran with runB, faster than
>the original in Basic09.
>
> Note that the program asks for an acceptable MESS extension and
> automatically adds @ to the originating drive name.
>
> The program was run on a hard drive system and the image file was checked
> with ded. The image was an exact duplicate of the disk (double sided 40
> track). The file was transfered to my PC using OSTerm and HyperTerminal.
> Average baud was 10100 and the transfer took about 6 minutes. The
> resulting file was an exact duplicate of the original and booted using
> MESS.

Yep! That one worked! I copied my coco's boot disk(720K 3.5) to an image and
it booted in mess. But I neglected to remember that this used ddh0.dd and of
course, it didn't really work once os9 began looking for the hd. DOH!
 So started over with a boot I use on a floppy coco(720K 3.5). vimage got
part way through and errors out with a 203. Bytecount A200
 I tried an original os9 L2 disk(backed up to a 3.5 ss35trk) and same error.
Byte count 1200

 dcheck shows no errors(for what that's worth) Both disks boot and work
fine.

 Any ideas?

George