[Coco] Bad news, good news...

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Mon Dec 12 01:33:19 EST 2005

Hi Steven,

Roger was asking if there were a place to simply tap the chroma & luma lines
inside a CoCo3, and there isn't because they do not exist inside the CoCo3.
I just mentioned that a way to cheat and generate "chroma" & "luma" signals
on the CoCo3 is simply to take the RGB video and turn it into monochrome
video (use as luma) and use the regular unmodified video output as the
chroma signal.

Yes, an RGB to composite encoder chip will give you chroma/luma too (and a
better quality chroma at that).  My suggestion was just a quick way to try
out S-video on the monitor without having to order or wait for parts.