Subject: [Coco] 512K Basic by Microcom

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Sun Dec 4 20:13:56 EST 2005

Hi,

180K diskette. Yes that is small.

Today we have many methods of increasing the storage that could be applied
without using Hard Disks.

But then, you would have to ask the question, am I using the right platform
for the task?

The CoCo Urbane Basic Preprocessor is approaching 700 lines and I can see
running out of string space as a possibility.

I wrote routines to use the CoCo 3's second 64K for string storage and
posted them to this list many Christmas's ago so I have a solution for the
CoCo 3.

Also disk space may be filled up soon. I would just put some files on a
second drive.

But I think that I can get by so the CoCo 2 use will remain.

George Ramsower wrote:
> [...]

I stumbled across the DECB bank switcher a few weeks ago on RTSI. Sorry but
I do not remember the name and a quick search failed to find it.

During my "Thought Exercise" a few months ago I got excited that it could be
done. Then upon further research it all fell apart.

Then I discovered that it had already been done but the author stated some
of the reasons I had come to conclude that it was not worth while to look
further into.

I plan to go back and look at it in detail much later. But I have concluded
that a very simple "AutoExec" system would do a better job.

Stephen H. Fischer