Subject: [Coco] 512K Basic by Microcom

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 4 17:03:50 EST 2005

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are you saying that there is no Disk support for saving programs?

No.

> The words you quote say "hard disk".
>
> How about Program disk I/O?
>
> If there is disk support, then it sounds like the command set is unchanged
> for DECB.

As I said, there is no change in any Basic command. There is disk I/O
but how would you save a 400K Basic program on a standard floppy?

> If you can find the 4 page manual and can sent me a  scan it would be
> appreciated.

I don't have any scanning equipment and if I did, the scan would be of
little use to you or anyone else as the are no commands special to 512K
Basic.

> Even the list of errors would be interesting as that might reveal how the
> program works.

The is no list of errors.

> If there is no way to store the programs, then it is very useless.
>
> I cannot believe that anything was released (escaped) without the ability
> to save programs. The developer(s) themselves would need to be able to
> do this during the development.

You have a strange way of reading messages. I never said there was no
disk I/O, only that there was no support for hard disks. That means only
standard size Basic programs can be saved which reduces the utility of
512K Basic.