[Coco] Nitros9 and the '86 GIME

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 30 22:37:42 EDT 2004

Kevin Diggs wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Weren't there some obscure block switching bugs with the GIME that
> required you to order modules in your boot a certain way? Or was that a
> problem with OS-9 itself? Or ... did I just makeup a problem that never
> existed?
>
>                     kevin

There was a boot order problem ("blob") which seemed to be related to
whether some commands started on odd or even bytes. Actually this was
correctly solved by changing the halt mode read loop in the boot module.
The order of modules in the boot list then became irrelevant.

This current problem will be looked at and tested in the near future. It
may turn out that the '86 GIME has long settling times vs the '87 when
MMU blocks are changed or some other obscure difference. Time will tell.